You might be in any industry, but there is one thing that you definitely need and that is design work. It might be your requirement of getting a logo design, website design or any other design work, but your company would need these in order to brand their product/service.
Now, if you are someone who has deep pockets, you might not hesitate to hire a design team or a design agency for yourself. But, if you are someone who is short on budget, then neither of these services is a viable option for you. In this case, the one thing that you can do is hire a freelance designer. While you might have some doubts on how someone whom you have never met or does not know about your company, make a design for you? The truth is that with the increase in freelancing opportunities more and more people turning toward freelance job and the cream of the designers are working as freelancer.
There are many such reasons as to why you should hire a freelance graphic designer. Here, we have stated 7 of them-
- Quality Designs- You want to take the design process in your hand! The reason might be that you think you can make better design yourself or you just want to save money. But, the problem arises when you start the design work. You would soon realise that the design work is nowhere as per your expectation because you are not a designer. There are several tools using which you can get some design done like logo creator, t-shirt design tool, etc., but they nowhere come close to what a designer can make.
Alternatively, if you would have hired a freelance graphic designer, this would not have been the case. With years of experience and hundreds of project under their belt, one can be sure of getting quality design works.
- Saves Valuable Time- In a business world, time is the most valuable assets. A little delay in the launch of product can set you miles behind your competitors. Also, if you have taken the design matters in your hand, you are surely going to spend a lot of time in the design process.
Now, having a designer not only ensures that you get timely delivery of high quality design, but you also get spare time to focus on other activities such as marketing. While many think that hiring a freelance designer would cost an extra pressure on their pocket, the truth is when you calculate the time you put in and things you could do in that time, it all evens out. Therefore, hiring a freelance graphic designer would help save you time and money.
- Chance to focus on other sphere- When your mind is free from the tension of getting your design requirement fulfilled, you can easily concentrate on other aspects of the business. This may include putting your focus on getting new product feature, increasing your market penetration, etc.
Also, when you hire a graphic designer, they can easily understand your requirement from your design brief and prepare the design accordingly. Thus, you would need minimum effort from your side.
- Flexible Schedule- This is one of the best thing when you choose a freelance graphic designer over a design agency. A design agency has a fixed working time and they would hardly change their working schedule as per your requirement. On the other hand, a freelancer can easily change his/her schedule as per your preference. Thus, if you have placed a dedicated time in which you would look upon the design work, the freelancer would happily agree to be with you.
- Priority Client- For a design agency that has several clients ranging from MNCs to SMEs, you may not be someone who is in their priority list. So, in case you need a design urgently, they might not be able to help you. While for a freelance graphic designer, who take only few projects under their belt, you would always be a priority client.
So, right from making multiple changes in the design to taking up some extra design requirement like business card design, newsletter design, etc., the freelancer would make changes in his/her schedule to accommodate your work.
- Better Communication- In a design agency, one usually gets to interact with the manager first. The manager then conveys your requirement to the team and then comes up with the stipulated time and cost. But, in the process many of your requirement might get overlooked, which results in delay in the project completion. This isn’t the case with freelance designer as here you get to directly communicate with the designer. You are the one who has explained them about your requirement, be involved in the project from step one, etc. This better communication process results in the completion of project on time and the design being exactly what you need.
- Keep your look consistent- One thing that many people do is that they hire a designer to do some part of their design work. Thereafter, they take a reference from their work and try to do the rest by themselves. Now, you are not a professional designer and there are many aspects that you might not catch like font, color, etc. When you hire a freelance designer, they make sure that the look throughout the design is consistent and the design helps in spreading brand awareness.
Now, we are sure that if you are in a need of some design work and do not have the budget to hire a designer, you would definitely go with freelance designer. What are your opinions? Do share it in the comment section below.
Campbelljof is a Creative Head for Designhill, as well as a blogger and designer. He writes on topics concerning design, eCommerce, start-ups, digital marketing, and interactive content. His creative work has earned him several laurels over the years.