Running an online business is not easy and you have to think outside the box to stay head of the pack. With increased competition in the internet marketplace, you have to stay abreast of the best techniques to boost your marketing efforts. One of the most effective strategies you should adopt is search engine optimization (SEO). Search remains the # driver of traffic to content websites and for your site to attain more traffic you have to use the best SEO techniques. One of these strategies is Instagram marketing.
The Importance of Search
A few years back, a website was all you needed to grow your online business. Today, every other business has a website and you need to keep adapting in order to stay ahead of the competition. Your site’s ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs) is crucial because 75% of users don’t scroll beyond the 1st page of SERPs. You have to look for ways to ensure your website ranks high on these pages.
Instagram for SEO
Instagram today boasts over 700 million monthly active users (MAUs). The numbers keep growing and in fact, this is the fastest growing social media network today. This impressive growth has been achieved in just7 years. While this social media network might not have been in your plans, it can fit perfectly into your SEO campaign. Here are some of the ways through which your Instagram account can boost your SEO efforts:
- Increased brand visibility – One of the easiest ways to achieve your marketing objectives online is by increasing visibility. Instagram is the perfect tool to grow your brand’s visibility, especially on social media. The more mentions your brand gets when you post creative posts, the higher your site’s ranking on SERPs.
- Increased engagement – If you are not engaging with your customers online, your site is most likely ranking poorly on search. Today’s consumers are looking for brands that are actively engaging with them. This is easily achievable by using Instagram. This social media network delivers more engagement than Twitter and Facebook and is ideal for giving feedback. With shoppers looking for quick feedback, this is the idea tool to provide a seamless user experience.
- Link building – While it is not possible to include links on your posts, you can still share your IG photos on other platforms in order to gain quality inbound links.
- Instagram as a search engine –If your brand is growing and is becoming popular on social media, most users will want to interact with it through its Instagram account. The reputation of Instagram means its accounts rank higher on search and this is a good way to drive traffic to your website.
- Increasing site traffic – As you grow followers for Instagram, there are different strategies that can be used to convert into leads. Eventually they can also be converted into customers.
Instagram is an unlikely tool in your SEO campaign and when used creatively,it helps you promote your business on search.
Harris Scott is an SEO consultant specializing in social media. He has over 8 years’ experience in digital marketing and helps businesses find followers for Instagram.